On Monday 27 March 2017 13:05:38 Andreas Schaefer Sr. wrote:
> Hi
>
> I tried to install Fling from the Samples but failed with the latest Sling.
>
> First I had to install Sling Messaging and Sling Query but then
> I gave up on Sling Thymeleaf which has dependencies on
> com.fasterxml.jackson.ocre etc that are not deployed in Sling and it also
> looks like they are not deployed by any other bundle.
>
> A sample does not much good if I cannot build and install it, right?

*sigh

> I am pretty fluent with package dependencies and so if I cannot
> figure it out in an acceptable time frame then who will.

Stop whining and start reading, please.

> Any pointers on how to get this working would be very much
> appreciated.

The version of Fling is 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT which clearly indicates that it is work
in progress. Fling itself depends on some snapshots namely Validation and
Messaging (and therefore has to be adjusted sometimes when those dependencies
do incompatible changes – see my latest commits). Fling's prerequisites are
listed in the README: https://github.com/apache/sling/tree/trunk/samples/fling

How to install Scripting Thymeleaf is described in its README (and btw.
Jackson is optional):
https://github.com/apache/sling/tree/trunk/contrib/scripting/org.apache.sling.scripting.thymeleaf

If you are unable to install those dependencies into Launchpad you can try
with Sling's Karaf Distribution:
https://github.com/apache/sling/tree/trunk/karaf

Start Karaf and open http://localhost:8181/system/console/features, install
sling-launchpad-oak-tar and sling-samples-fling by clicking the play/install
buttons on the right. Open http://localhost:8181/fling.html

O.