i think it is currently not possible to deploy json-file bases i18n resources
with Sling-Initial-Content.
as described in [1] the json file node nt:file needs an additional mixin
mix:language for the language code.
and this is not possible to define with or without ignoreImportProviders=json
currently.

i would be also very interested to support i18n json files with
Sling-Initial-Content, but i think we have to improve the content loader
mechanism for this.

stefan

[1]
https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/internationalization-support-i18n.html#json-file-based