Hi,

> this error first occurred before you used DB update script or after that?
Both. No change.

> are you sure that you don't have older DB and haven't restored data from
> older setup?
100% - we are in testing phase. It is easy:

dropdb sogo
createdb -O sogo sogo

> are you sure that your db ownership and access permissions are set correctly?
I'm a PostgreSQL newbie - only use this DB, because of SOGo (but plenty
of experience with MySQL and Oracle...) - what are the possible traps?

pg_hba.conf:
host sogo sogo 127.0.0.1/32 md5

Default Debian PostgreSQL installation and version:
postgresql  8.3.11-0lenny1

Local OpenLDAP Server, Debian default install. This server runs
exclusively for SOGo at the moment.

> please provide more information about your setup (like used SQL server or
> .GNUstepdefaults) and maybe sogo developers can debug your problem.

See attached my .GNUstepdefaults file

Regards,
Felix

{
    NSGlobalDomain = {
    };
    sogod = {
        OCSFolderInfoURL =
"postgresql://sogo:s...@localhost:5432/sogo/sogo_folder_info";
        SOGoACLsSendEMailNotifications = YES;
        SOGoAppointmentSendEMailNotifications = YES;
        SOGoDraftsFolderName = Drafts;
        SOGoFoldersSendEMailNotifications = YES;
        SOGoIMAPServer = localhost;
        SOGoLanguage = German;
        SOGoMailDomain = dimedis.de;
        SOGoMailingMechanism = sendmail;
        SOGoOtherUsersFolderName = "Other Users";
        SOGoProfileURL =
"postgresql://sogo:s...@localhost:5432/sogo/sogo_user_profile";
        SOGoSentFolderName = Sent;
        SOGoSharedFolderName = "Shared Folders";
        SOGoTimeZone = Europe/Berlin;
        SOGoTrashFolderName = Trash;
        SOGoUserSources = (
            {