Mirko,

* m.stoff...@web.de <users@sogo.nu>:
> Hello community, for some reasons the mail I sent some hours ago did not
> make it neither to me nor to the archive. So I assume that it got lost
> somewhere and send it again this way. I apologize if my mail just was stuck
> somewhere. Here is the mail again: > Hello community, > > I am currently
> setting up a SOGo installation for a small company. At least the mail
> functionality is working so far for now, so that I came to setting up all
> the accounts. > > My exim and cyrus are configured to auth against SASL
> (backend: saslauthdb), whilst SOGo auths against a postgres db.
> Unfortunately, I didn't figure out how SOGo could auth against SASL which
> would save me adding each user twice. > > So my questions: Does SOGo support
> SASL? What would you prefer instead? > > Thanks > > Mirko

have you considered doing it the other way around using PostgreSQL as auth
backend for SASL (and letting exim and cyrus SASL auth against a PostgreSQL
DB)?

Something along these lines:

# GENERIC options
pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: sql
mech_list: plain login cram-md5 digest-md5

# SQL auxprop plugin options
sql_engine: pgsql
sql_hostnames: 127.0.0.1
sql_user: username
sql_passwd: secret
sql_database: company
sql_select: SELECT password FROM users WHERE user = ´%...@´%r´

p...@rick

--
state of mind
Digitale Kommunikation

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666