I have a mainly working environment with thunderbird 3.1, sogo connector and
apple calendar server, but I cannot create new contacts from thunderbird
because of the use of the old carddav draft in sogo (sogo-connector uses
x-vcard and not vcard as mimetype and so the server does not accept the
information). This compatibility issue should be fixed (bug 933), but I have no
information that it is already working or it is time to try it again.

Can you create new contacts from thunderbird via sogo-connector?