I think I have it installed now. I setup the integrator and update server according to the documentation. Once I made my IMAP account default (rather than local folders that gave me user 'nobody') I am able to log in and see my screens. Now the only issue is that thunderbird just sits there doing nothing. I cannot click on anything and the little connecting wheel stays spinning, like it is connecting, on the top right corner. What can I check to see what could be wrong? Without lightning, integrator, and connector thunderbird runs fine.

--

Donny B.

MDAH

On Friday, January 21, 2011 10:40 AM CST, Donny Brooks <dbro...@mdah.state.ms.us> wrote:

On 1/21/2011 8:36 AM, Sascha Kasch wrote:
> Am 21.01.2011 11:22, schrieb Alessio Fattorini:
>> Il 20/01/2011 19:29, Donny Brooks ha scritto:
>>
>>> Is there a way to have thunderbird be a TRUE IMAP client and not
>>> keep a local copy of the messages
>>> on the local machine? I know about the "keep a local copy of
>>> messages" checkbox but that does not
>>> seem to do anything as even unchecked it seems to download and keep
>>> a copy of the messages locally.
>>
>> No, with "keep a local copy of messages" unchecked, Thunderbird
>> downloads only messages header.
>>
> Hi, usually i use mail.server.default.autosync_offline_stores false.
> don´t know if it´s comparable to what alessio said.
>
> best,
>
> sascha
Actually I tried both and either way it will download messages to the
local machine. It appears as though I will just have to move each users
thunderbird profile to their My Documents folder which is just a mapped
drive on the server so it will not traverse when they log in/out. Thanks
for the input though. I am about to try the integrator now and see how
that works.

Donny B.
MDAH