On 02/15/11 05:26, michael.crilly wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to work out if it's possible to add a group on the ACL of a
calendar? I want to create a calendar for each of our departments and then add
each of our LDAP groups to each corresponding calendar for that group.

For example I want to create an IT calendar and then add the 'it' group name to
the ACL and permit anyone in that group to be able to modify the calendar
entries, etc. What do I need to check that I have in place in order for this to
work, if it's even possible?

I was able to get ldap groups working for permissions. I needed to modify SOGoUserSources as shown below. The first entry is for Shared Address book and user authentication. The second is used for Group ACL's.

defaults write sogod SOGoUserSources '({
  CNFieldName = cn;
  IDFieldName = uid;
  UIDFieldName = uid;
  baseDN ="ou=People,dc=my,dc=domain";
  bindDN = "uid=sogo,ou=People,dc=my,dc=domain";
  bindPassword = secret;
  canAuthenticate = YES;
  displayName = "Shared Addresses";
  hostname ="ldap.my.domain";
  id = public;
  isAddressBook = YES;
  port = 389;
  type =LDAP;
},
{
  CNFieldName = cn;
  IDFieldName = cn;
  UIDFieldName = cn;
  baseDN ="ou=Groups,dc=my,dc=domain";
  bindDN ="uid=sogo,ou=People,dc=my,dc=domain";
  bindPassword = secret;
  canAuthenticate = NO;
  displayName = "Groups";
  hostname = ldap.my.domain;