> SOPE and SOGo use OpenSSL which is incompatible with the GPL due to
> the advertising clause. There are only 3 places where OpenSSL is used
> and it shouldn't be that hard to replace OpenSSL with GnuTLS or
> NSS. Would a patch doing that be accepted?

I know, I will get flamed right now, but please do not use gnutls.
Google for i.e. OpenLDAP and gnutls and follow the comments from Howard
Chu, then you understand me. Or at least dear SOGo devs: please do not
drop packges for Ubuntu/Debian on inverse, so people can use the openssl
variant.

My personal opinion: If I as a user have to choose between license and a
working ssl implementation, I choose the latter one.

> SOGo configuration file is currently in /home/sogo. For the FHS this
> should be under /etc. A quick way to do this is to give the sogo user
> a homedirectory of /etc/sogo, but I think that's bit dirty. Would it
> be possible to use something like /etc/sogo/sogo.conf instead of the
> GNUdefaults in the sogo homedirectory? Or maybe something like
> /etc/GNUstep/Defaults? I don't really know enough about GNUstep to
> figure out the best way to do this.

I just think a about packages like amavis. The home is /var/lib/amavis.
If you set up razor or pyzor, you do have the configuration in
/var/lib/amavis, too. So in my opinion there do exist projects and
packages, where it is normal that the configuration might be elsewhere.
Compared to sogo, you even would not directly edit the plist, would you?
If so, maybe you could place a symlink into /etc/sogo/sogo.plist? Just
an idea.

Sorry for my comments above. Just my opinion and experiences.

Best wishes
Christian
--
Roessner-Network-Solutions