Hello Again,

it seems my problem has resolved itself.
Coming back to the office on Monday and retesting things the calendar showed
up! I can only guess that this was to do with
Browser Caching. Could that be the case?
If so, could this be a re-occurring problem that could have a programmatic
solution?

This was not just memcached, the issue was over hours. Memcached only caches
for 600s (5 minutes) and a restart will also clear
that caching up. (On another note, would it make sense to clear the memcache
data on an update...).

Sorry for the noise.

Chris