<li...@fahrendorf.de> wrote:
> >> You might want to try looking at this bug entry
> >> http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=1113 as it tells how to do
> >> it for SOGo.
> >
> > OK, I got it working (at least partial). Apache currently
> > requires a login screen with my firefox. I didn't dig deeper as
> > I need the mail part as well.
>
> To get SPNEGO working you have to set a couple of preferences in
> Firefox. See
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Integrated_Authentication for
> details. And, yes, without the mail part, it isn't really that
> useful unless you just need a calendar and address book.

The problem is: most of the Time I need address book and calendar only
(thunderbird), but every now and then I need the mail part as well.
And I don't want to install every part twice just to be able to login
with kerberos and without.

Sometimes I wonder that the user outside are not tired typing
different username/password combination all the time.

I use this just for my family and they want to type user name and
password only once. So I began to kerberize my environment but it is
harder than I thought (not technical wise, but from support in
different server/client software).

> >> Unfortunately,  the mail portion doesn't yet support true
> >> SSO Kerberos (http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=1200), but
> >> only CAS and WebAuth.
> >
> > So kerberos is not a solution currently. Are there any plans to
> > add kerberos based SSO for the mail part as well? I need to be
> > able to either use kerberos (where it is available) or a
> > username/password pair to login.
>
> Considering there has been no response to my bug report, I'd say not
> in the immediate future. If I remember correctly, the current CAS
> and WebAuth support was sponsored by a university. While those
> offer great browser-SSO support, neither is a complete desktop
> solution that you could integrate with say an Active Directory
> login. At some point that might be really useful when the
> OpenChange MAPI stuff is production ready.

So may be sometimes kerberos is supported. Lets wait and see.

> Steve

Martin