On 21/06/2011 11:42, André Schild wrote:
> I think you have two things:
>
> - If you wish to access other users mailboxes via imap
>    you just have to share the corresponding folders.
>   This gives you then access to these via any imap client.
>
> But what you don't get is the whole setup for reply as the
> other users mailbox.
>
> - If you need to answer as the other user (with his signature etc.)
>   then this is very different, depending on you mail client.
>
>   For thunderbird is simplest to just configure multiple accounts.
>   That way TB always uses the correct sender, place in the sent-item
>   of that user and so on.

Thanks Andre, I think that pretty much states that our current process
is about as good as it's going to get...

I have reverse engineered Outlook Express/Live Mail's account formats to
automate account creation. However, I have never had the inclination to
try and figure out how Thunderbird stores it's account information, but
does someone know of a good automated way to automate the account
creation process in Thunderbird?

I will concede it's some years since I last looked properly, but in the
past it didn't seem straightforward to script the account setup (server
names, folder names, trash settings, signature, etc)? Also I realise
this isn't a Thunderbird support forum, but there seem to be some smart
folks here...

Thanks

Ed W