thanks for all your answers. There is no mailserver on that machine (yet) -
the idea was to setup a slim and performant solution communicating with ah
existing external hosters mailserver. this could be done with tine or
oxchange but those are either slow or not slim at all. Maybe I should
consider postfix as proposed. But still I think that smtp auth included in
SOGo would be a good idea.
rgds
Beat