I am using MySQL based authentication and my setup works fine if all
domains are using the same IMAP/MySQL server. When I add a new
IMAP/MySQL combo to my setup, authentication to the new domain does
not work from SOGo web UI. The old domains work fine. All I get in the
SOGo log is:

Feb 02 12:49:56 sogod [28918]: SOGoRootPage Login for user
'pe...@newdomain.tld' might not have worked - password policy: 65535
grace: -1  expire: -1  bound: 0
localhost - - [02/Feb/2012:12:49:56 GMT] "POST /SOGo/connect HTTP/1.1"
403 34/74 0.062 - - 3M

I do not see any marks of a connection attempt in the new IMAP
server's (Dovecot) log.

How to debug this further?

In GNUstepDefaults config for the domain that works (old server looks)
likes this:

                        <key>olddomain.tld</key>
                        <dict>
                                <key>SOGoMailDomain</key>
                                <string>olddomain.tld</string>
                                <key>SOGoUserSources</key>
                                <array>
                                    <dict>
                                        <key>SOGoIMAPServer</key>

<string>imaps://192.168.0.10:993</string>

                                        <key>canAuthenticate</key>
                                        <string>YES</string>
                                        <key>id</key>
                                        <string>olddomain.tld</string>
                                        <key>isAddressBook</key>
                                        <string>YES</string>
                                        <key>type</key>
                                        <string>sql</string>
                                        <key>userPasswordAlgorithm</key>
                                        <string>crypt</string>
                                        <key>viewURL</key>

<string>mysql://sogo:password@192.168.0.10:3306/vpopmail/sogo_olddomain</string>
                                    </dict>
                                </array>
                        </dict>

And the new domain that does not work:

                        <key>newdomain.tld</key>
                        <dict>
                                <key>SOGoMailDomain</key>
                                <string>newdomain.tld</string>
                                <key>SOGoUserSources</key>
                                <array>
                                    <dict>
                                        <key>SOGoIMAPServer</key>

<string>imaps://newserver.tld:993</string>
                                        <key>canAuthenticate</key>
                                        <string>YES</string>
                                        <key>id</key>
                                        <string>newdomain.tld</string>
                                        <key>isAddressBook</key>
                                        <string>YES</string>
                                        <key>type</key>
                                        <string>sql</string>
                                        <key>userPasswordAlgorithm</key>
                                        <string>crypt</string>
                                        <key>viewURL</key>

<string>mysql://sogocal:passw...@newserver.tld:3306/vpopmail/sogo_newdomain</string>
                                    </dict>
                                </array>
                        </dict>

Both MySQL setups have the correct views created and I can connect to
both MySQL servers from the sogo server just fine.

Regards,
Peter