On 2/15/2012 8:17 AM, Francis Lachapelle wrote:
Hi Donny

On 2012-02-14, at 5:41 PM, Donny Brooks wrote:

So no way to get the existing prefs? I don't want to have to tell all 200+
users to recreate all their prefs if there is a way to force the refresh. :)
If the preferences (user's settings) have not changed at all for some users
(ie., not saved back to the database), the bug wouldn't be exposed.

So if a users settings were attempted to be written back to the database while this bug
was "active" the preferences would have been lost? Just making sure before I
send out an email to all the users to check settings.
Yes, the *settings* will be lost, but not the *defaults*. Settings are
automatically saved preferences such as the list of expanded mail folders, the
position of drag handles, the last module visited, etc. Defaults are
preferences set by the user from the preferences window.

If you have a backup generated using sogo-tool, you could restore the users settings and
defaults using the "-p" switch.

sogo-tool restore -p /backup/sogo bob

For everyone reference: this bug that affects versions 1.3.12 and 1.3.12a is
only exposed when using MySQL to store the users profiles (SOGoProfileURL).

Francis

--
flachape...@inverse.ca :: +1.514.755.3640 :: http://www.inverse.ca
Inverse :: Leaders behind SOGo (http://sogo.nu) and PacketFence

Thanks for that Francis. Unfortunately I hardly ever remember about sogo-tool, so there is no backup. What about possibly restoring the table in MySQL?