On 29/02/12 10:47, Tarjei Huse wrote:
Hi, this is using TB 3.1.16.

With some users, I've seen that thunderbird hangs for a very long time
on startup while loading the users calendars. Is it possible for the
calendar to either timeout faster or do the update in the background?
Its because Thunderbird is needing to build a new cache. Normally the cache would already be on the user's profile and just topped up with the new events.

There's been quite a bit of discussion about using the cache on the ml, so that may be a good place to start.

It doesnt seem currently possible to allow the caching to happen in the background.

I've found Thunderbird 10 and appropriate connector is a bit faster and creating a cache file too

--
Kind Regards,

Julian