Dear Christian,

> I looked at the postgresql-Log file on the remote server and found the answer
> quickly: Funambol connected non-SSL to a SSL-only Postgresql server. I added
> the following in funamboladmin to the three handlers sogo-card, sogo-cal and
> sogo-todo:
>
> jdbc:postgresql://roessner1.roessner-net.de:5432/sogo?ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory
I had the same situation, because the installation script converts the
ampersand "&" into "&" when using this in
/opt/Funambol/ds-server/install.properties. So when doing a clean install
you should "grep -R" through the directories to find eg
"org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory" and replace & with an &.

And all of this is necessary, because Java language bindings for postgres
are the only that behave differently than all the others: They do not use
SSL transparently when required by the server.

-- Adi