Hallo

In the old thunderbird 3.1 days my automatic update was working. But
latest update was not provided to the clients. https server is setup
fine (logs do not indicate any error). Access log says that the right
files are used.

In error console I get two warnings (may be one for each sogo plugin):

Warnung: WARN addons.xpi: Download failed: [Exception... "Certificate
issuer is not built-in."  nsresult: "0x80004004 (NS_ERROR_ABORT)"
location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/CertUtils.jsm :: checkCert
:: line 165"  data: no]
Quelldatei: resource://gre/modules/CertUtils.jsm
Zeile: 165

I use https connection with self made certificates. root CA is imported
into thunderbird.

Wat can I do to get updates working again?

Regards
Martin