Hi,

when it will have same write/modify functionality for caldav/carddav then its definately easier and
better as well for our iphones. one account, thats it.

some of my collegues are getting dizzy while setting up 3 accounts, different ports and so on (easy for me as the CIO, but hard to get for almost all non-IT guys) ;)

Am 3/28/12 10:32 AM, schrieb xbgmsharp:
Hello,

On iPhone there is a good native support for cardav/caldav and IMAP.
On Android there is good support with additional application.
However it is not the case of all phone especially the windows phone or blackberry.

ActiveSync is just easier to setup and to provision for enterprise.
It also offer interesting feature for organization.
This is a good overview:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Exchange_ActiveSync_clients

So to reply to our question, if you don't need anything ActiveSync specific there is no need for you to use it.

Francois

On 2012-03-28 10:22, Alessio Fattorini wrote:
Il 27/03/2012 18:16, Stephan Heck ha scritto:
On 27.03.2012 11:01, xbgmsharp wrote:
SOGo Users,

This is a follow up on from this thread.
'[SOGo] Why not move from Funambol to Z-Push? Many features will be
obtained.', http://www.mail-archive.com/users@sogo.nu/msg08451.html

Sorry, but i not understand :-)
Can you explain me why should i use active-sync in place of native
caldav/cardav iphone support?
Should i use active-sync only for push e-mail?

--
Alessio Fattorini (alessio.fattor...@nethesis.it)

nethesis srl - Via degli Olmi 16/4 - 61100 Pesaro (PU)
tel. +39 0721 405516 - fax +39 0721 268147
www.nethesis.it - i...@nethesis.it