Hello Hans

On 2012-05-16 12:19, hans wrote:

> On 16-5-2012 11:50, Christian Mack wrote:
>
>> If you want it secure, then yes it currently is "local" LAN only.
>>

> I was trying the whole 2.x setup so I could use Outlook from home
> connecting to my server online somewhere and so I could use my android
> mail client (in my case Dataviz Roadsync) to connect to the openchange
> server as an exchange server and sync everything this way. When using
> this with the exchange server at work it works very good. Using funambol
> it gives me lots of problems. It's slow (periodic sync in stead of push)
> and often I get my contacts double. So I thought if I have my own
> exchange compatible server I could do the same.  But reading carefully
> now it it states "outlook support" everywhere and not "exchange server
> clone". I guess what I am looking for a an activesync server. My fault.
> Should have read better.

Two different use cases here.

1) Outlook from home.
Solution A)
You could also use a VPN connection to your server or LAN.
Over this you could talk MAPI with OpenChange securely.

Solution B)
You can use an ActiveSync implementation for SOGo (see Mail from Peter
Peltonen).
This is a new implementation, so I don't know how stable this is.

2) Android client
Solution A)
Use different protocolls for different data.
IMAP for email
CardDAV for address books
CalDAV for calendars
For this to work you have to install a CardDAV and a CalDAV app (e.g.
found under http://dmfs.org/ )

Solution B)
You can use an ActiveSync implementation for SOGo (see before).

Gruppe Informationsdienste
Rechenzentrum Universität Konstanz