Hey Chris,

you don't have to worry about that - SOGo won't touch any of your existing configurations - it interfaces using IMAP and Sieve only with your mailboxes.

Actually we have a setup using Vimbadmin as well as ISPConfig3 (instead of virtualmin) that work very well - we just created the table "sogo_users" as a view in the sogo database for user's authentication using MySQL that get's its data directly from the postfix tables - and your're basically done with this

imagine something like this:

CREATE VIEW `sogo`.`sogo_users` AS  select
`mailadmin`.`mailbox`.`username` AS `c_uid`,
`mailadmin`.`mailbox`.`username` AS `c_name`,
`mailadmin`.`mailbox`.`password` AS `c_password`,
`mailadmin`.`mailbox`.`name` AS `c_cn`,concat(`mailadmin`.`mailbox`.`local_part`,'@',`mailadmin`.`mailbox`.`domain`) AS `mail`,
`mailadmin`.`mailbox`.`domain` AS `DomainFieldName`
from `mailadmin`.`mailbox`;

This works very well for us ...

A security problem in such an environment would be for you that everybody will be able to see all other defined mailboxes (adresses only not contents) from that database when they have a look at the SOGO UI dialogues to delegate permissions or invite attendees for a meeting etc.

We managed to separate the "domains" (not to be confused with internet domains) of the various customers by adding the last one as 'DomainFieldName" to the view.

The resulting "domains" have to be created and defined in the .GNUstepDefaults before and sogo restarted so it does not (yet) work entirely dynamic from the Database ...

I guess this is more or less what you might have been looking for..

Cheers Andreas