Hi,

since upgrading to SOPE/SOGo 1.3.18, I have problems sending mails to
gap-dev-disc...@nongnu.org.

When I just create a new mail, enter the recipient address into the to field,
the e-mail address
automatically changes to <gap-dev-disc...@nongnu.org>

Then I enter subject and body, and send it. However, in the Sent folder, the
mail does not have a To: field
it empty, when I view the message source via SOGo web interface:

from: "Sebastian Reitenbach" <sebas...@l00-bugdead-prods.de>
subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Stop GNUMail from segfaulting on Quit
message-id: <7a24-5044ab00-1-6b8b4580@178141892>
to:
content-type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 15:05:32 +0200
content-length: 1909
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

When I reply to a message, then the e-mail address is without the <> in the To:
field.
Sending this message out, There is a To: field in the mail header, but the last
two characters are stripped.
from: "Sebastian Reitenbach" <sebas...@l00-bugdead-prods.de>
subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Stop GNUMail from segfaulting on Quit
message-id: <123d-5044a280-27-6b8b4580@109792238>
to: gap-dev-discuss@nongnu.o
content-type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 14:29:04 +0200
in-reply-to: <50449de7.7060...@libero.it>
content-length: 1955
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

The envelope seems to get created well, see from the SOGo log files using SMTP
mailing mechanism:

2012-09-03 14:39:50.352 sogod[32731] WARNING(-[NSNull(misc) length]): called
NSNull -length (returns 0) !!!
C: connect to <0x0x20a3fe148[NGInternetSocketAddress]: host=127.0.0.1
not-filled>
S: <SMTP-Reply: code=220 line='halloele ich bin der mailer (:'>
C: EHLO localhost
S: <SMTP-Reply: code=250 line='DSN'>
S: pipelining extension supported.
S: size extension supported.
C: MAIL FROM:<sebas...@l00-bugdead-prods.de>
C: RCPT TO:<gap-dev-disc...@nongnu.org>
C: DATA
S: <SMTP-Reply: code=354 line='End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>'>
C: data(2306 bytes) ..
S: <SMTP-Reply: code=250 line='2.0.0 Ok: queued as 7B9BD7006DA'>
C: QUIT
S: <SMTP-Reply: code=221 line='2.0.0 Bye'>

It doesn't matter if I switch to using sendmail mailing mechanism. In my mail
log, I see the mail going out,
but with the broken or missing To field.

The same problem is in OpenGroupware too. Sending a mail to this e-mail
address, it only sends to gap-dev-discuss@nongnu.o
instead of using the full address in the To field. I can send to other
addresses and lists successfully, this is
the only address where I recognized this strange problem.

Any idea where this could come from? How to debug this? Since OpenGroupware has
the same problem,
there must be somewhere in SOPE. Any hint on what may have changed there, and
where to look is appreciated.
A suggestion where I should put a breakpoint?

For the time being, I have to resort back to use GNUMail to send to that list ;)

cheers,
Sebastian