On 09.10.2012 23:30, Wolfgang Sourdeau wrote:
On 2012-10-09 07:02, Sven Tegethoff wrote:
Hi everyone,

the current documentation for Outlook integration notes "that joining
Samba 4 to your Active Directory domain as a member will currently not work. An authentication bug is present in Samba 4 which then prevents all Outlook users to successfully authenticate through Samba 4. This issue has been reported to the Samba team and is being
worked on."

Is that still the case, or does anybody have a link (eg. to a samba4 bugzilla entry) where I can get up to date information? At the moment, this is pretty much a showstopper for me, unless someone has come up with a method of externally synching the samba4 directory with an existing domain controller... :(

We are still working on that issue on our side. It seems the use of Samba as a mirror domain controller is working though. First you need to make sure the Exchange schema is installed on the "master" machine. You can do that by installing and uninstall Exchange demo. After that, the provisioning scripts from openchange should work fine.

I do understand the part with the Exchange schema, and installing the demo is a nice trick. However "mirror domain controller" is not a term I'm familiar with, and it doesn't exist in the samba4 documentation either :) So, I'm sorry if that's a dumb question, but what exactly are you referring to?

Best Regards,

Sven