On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 14:33 +0200, Peter Schmidt wrote:

> I'm curious about the Z-Push Active Sync method and have 2 questions:
>
> * Is it necessary, when SOGo is configured for Outlook compatibility? (I
> guess so, because Exchange != Active Sync)

yes -- you're right -- exchange protocol is not the same as activesync
protocol (what z-push is doing)

> * Why does it need Funambol? (Or are your questions about Funambol not
> related to Z-Push and you "hijacked" your own thread?)

there are two principal use cases for Funambol

- you want to sync from outlook to  sogo/funambol and you are _not_
using the "outlook compatibility" sogo version
- the mobile device doesn't support activesync, but does support syncML
(Funambol's protocol)

cheers

<snip>