From: Carlin Hefner
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 7:50 PM
To: users@sogo.nu
Subject: Re: [SOGo] Backup Redundant System

Thanks! I'll check those out, I appreciate the quick replies :)

Carlin

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Federico Alberto Sayd <fs...@uncu.edu.ar>
wrote:

  On 26/10/12 13:52, carlinohef...@gmail.com wrote:

    Hi,
    I'm am looking at venturing into sogo as an exchange replacement, and have a
    question before I begin. I promise I have searched before posting, but can't
    find anything related (or I may have poor keyword choices :-) So I
apologize if
    this has been discussed already.

    We have a couple of office locations, and I'd like to set up 2 servers, 1 at
    each location, that mirror each other. That way if one location goes down
    (power or internet loss or hardware failure) the other server can still at
    least receive SMTP. It would be great if the client side connectivity could
    also work when one or the other servers go down, but not as important as
making
    sure we don't miss any incoming mail over SMTP.

    Is this possible?

    Thanks in advance,
    Carlin

  You can take a look at HAproxy

  Haproxy is a http and tcp proxy. We use haproxy to balance trafic between our
SOGo backend servers. With SMTP also you can balance using MX records from DNS,
but POP or IMAP is more complicated because you need distribute/replicate the
mail storage.

  Regards

  Federico