Hello!

I just installed SOGo 2.0.2a on Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS x64 with a local
instance of OpenLDAP for authentication and as address book. The mailserver I
intend to access is an external server. On this mailserver it's necessary to
login with your full mailaddress and your password.

I'm able to login and read mail via IMAP with my first testuser, but the SMTP
PLAIN AUTH does not work. With a TCPDump I encountered, that there is a
carriage return in the base64-coded login data. So the mailserver rejects the
login attempt...

If I use the by SOGo generated login string without the carriage return I can
login via telnet...

If I use another mailaccount with a quite short mailadress sending mail is
possible.

Is it a bug, a misconfiguration of the mailserver or do i have to configure the
generation of the base64-login-string?

Best regards!

Andre