I did as you described and all I get is a blank screen on the webgui of
SOGo? The reason is my entry in UIxPageFrame.wox
My UIxPageFrame.wox  looks like:
 <var:if condition="userHasMailAccess">
                <var:if condition="isMail">
                      /></span>
                </var:if>
                <var:if condition="isMail" const:negate="YES">
                  <a id="mailBannerLink" var:href="relativeMailPath"
                    ><var:string label:value="Mail" /></a>
                </var:if>
              </var:if>

--->My entry-->      <a id="FTPBannerLink" style="color:#1589FF;"
                var:href="http://comm2/intra/ajaxplorer";
                ><var:string label:value="FTP IAS" /></a

 <a id="preferencesBannerLink"
                var:href="relativePreferencesPath"
                ><var:string label:value="Preferences" /></a>
              <var:if condition="isSuperUser">

-------- Original-Nachricht --------