I have experimented some annoying troubles with a couple of events since I have updated to the new Thunderbird version. I was unable to dismiss an event or even delete it. All points to a problem with offline support.
Disabling the offline support the evil events do not appear anymore.

I hope this help and sorry for my bad English.