Hello Ben,

Am 12.12.2012 00:32, schrieb Ben Luey:
What's the best (easiest) way to upgrade users from TB10ESR (and associated sogo plugins) to TB17ESR plugins?

In TB when I go to Help, About, Check for Updates it does not show my ESR 17, only that 10.0.11 is current. Should I just download and install tb 17esr or is there a way to get TB to upgrade internally (this is on windows)?

I don't want to push the new sogo extensions for 17 in my updates.php as the extensions aren't compatible with TB10, so I'm assuming that would be bad for folks still on TB10 (Can updates push the extensions only to those using tb17?). I was thinking of making a new updates17.php with the new extensions and then having sogo-integrator-17 point to that url, but then I have to upgrade TB17 and then install (manually) the new sogo-integrator.

Better approaches? Ideally, users would click upgrade in TB and get the 17ESR (they are on ESR channel now) and the sogo 17 extensions but nothing would break for users still on TB10 (for now.. at some point force them to upgrade).

I think we face the same situation as with 3.x -> 10.x upgrade.

You can look here http://wiki.sogo.nu/Thunderbird

The two last lines before the Addons section might be helpfull.
We did the 3.x to 10.x upgrade according to this:

http://wiki.sogo.nu/TB-upgrade-3-to-10

André