Il 25/01/2013 14:12, Julien Kerihuel ha scritto:

In your case, you need to:
         1. use a recent build. This has been fixed long ago in git
         repositories and builds based on samba4 beta5 have been
         deprecated a while ago.
         2. After updating, use the openchange_cleanup.sh script
         available in SOGo
         2. remove your Outlook profile
         3. rerun samba4

Thank you Julien for your detailed and precious indications.
Using nightly builds, which means:

samba4-4.0.1-4.centos6.1.x86_64
sogo-openchange-backend-2.0_20130124-1.centos6.x86_64
openchange-rpcproxy-1.0.0.20130123.sogo-1.centos6.x86_64
openchange-ocsmanager-1.0.0.20130123.sogo-1.centos6.x86_64
openchange-1.0.0.20130123.sogo-1.centos6.x86_64

and after cleaning, finally no more samba panic! I am very, very happy, I had to install the system with 40+ clients, and I was quite sure to quit the project because of the outlook/openchange problems. So, we can say that the combination of samba/openchange distributed on redhat/CentOS stable repository of sogo is broken.

Your problem is unrelated to the Outlook version getting used. This
being said, Outlook 2012 has not yet been included in our matrix of
compatibility.

For the past few weeks - and while preparing our next forthcoming
release - we have been doing OpenChange dogfooding and have not
experienced any crash or panic but one in SOGo backend which we've
fixed.

Some questions, at this point:
1) the sogo openchange nightly version is fresh enough or you suggest to build from source? 2) in this build there is no "openchange_cleanup.sh" script, but I used instead "python openchange_cleanup.py <user> <password>". It is the same? 3) I noticed that samba log is huge, it seems every tiny outlook event is logged with much detail, and now I am only experimenting with a client. I am worried about how many lines will be generated with 40 clients... I will have to buy a san storage only for /var partition! There is a way to reduce verbosity, when in production?

Hope it helps.

Indeed! Thank you for your precious tips!

Have a nice day
Marco