Greetings,

I have a happy running environment with OpenLDAP integrated on a samba3 domain, dovecot 1.2, postfix, latest *SOGo* and etc. My network has about a hundred+ users running Thunderbird and Lightning. Now my boss wants to use Outlook and so I went down to check prerequisites for native integration. It needs Openchange and samba4. I have not yet digged into samba4 too much, so I have a few questions:

- If I install samba4 on the SOGo server (which is NOT my samba3 domain master and does not even have samba installed), how will it relate, impact and affect my running samba3 environment? - Will this samba4 join a samba3 domain without problem, so it can auth users from samba3 domain?
- Any special steps and care should be taken?
- Any undesired side effects?
- Any experience someone could share?

Thanks in advance and best regards. Sorry for such a broad question.

--
Marcio Merlone