Hi,

On 13-02-06 3:40 AM, mich...@los-pollos.co wrote:
Hi all, successfully got a dovecot/postfix/LDAP/sogo2.04 server up and
running on Ubuntu 12.04 but having some problems getting the cron jobs
setup. Specifically the sogo-tool expire-autoreply script.

The script appears to require a username:password but I am struggling to
understand what that user and password should be. Some documentation
says it should be sieve-admin yet only cyrus imap allows the definition
of a sieve_admin in its conf file, dovecot sieve config doesn’t appear
to have this. I have also read somewhere that a dovecot master user
should be setup and this should be used, which I have tried by entering
u%*master:[password]  but when running manually via /usr/sbin/sogo-tool
expire-autoreply %u*master:[password] I just get errors:

failure. Attempting with a renewed password (no authname supported)

Could not login 'u...@example.com' on Sieve server:
<0x0x9758288[NGSieveClient]: socket=<NGActiveSocket[0x0x975cd88]:
mode=rw address=<0x0x975e530[NGInternetSocketAddress]:
host=localhost.localdomain port=36296>
connectedTo=<0x0x975a6e0[NGInternetSocketAddress]: host=127.0.0.1
port=4190>>>: (null)

An error occured while removing auto-reply of user u...@example.com
<mailto:u...@example.com>

Entering an individual’s username and password works but obviously then
the script will only work for that particular user.

I am using virtual users located in an ldap directory.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
You need to create a master users password file and configure it as such in dovecot configuration file.

For example:
  passdb {
  driver = passwd-file
  args = /etc/dovecot/master-users
  master = yes
  pass = yes
  }

Then create the file and add a user:

  htpasswd  -c -s /etc/dovecot/master-users dovmaster

You should then be able to get sogo-tool expire-autoreply to work using user 'dovmaster'.

See http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/MasterUsers for more details.

Regards, Michael.

--
Jean Raby