I've looked at the "about:config" autofill settings, and that didn't resolve it.

I also realize that Firefox is designed to use "https://google.com"; in the latest version (21.0)

Chrome is installed on the Windows Server, and it defaults to "https://yourhostname"; also.

I'm simply wondering if something in the Integrator or something in SOGo is triggering HTTPS

I have not implemented HTTPS in the Apache configuration, so it should not be seeking HTTPS although that may be a simple answer to the issue (configure HTTPS for Apache on the SOGo ZEG)