Hi Francis, hi list

I'm sorry - I understand this for Lenny, but not for a LTS, which will
be supported until 2015 ...

Is there so much more effort to build Lucid-Packages?

For many 10.04-Servers upgrading is not wanted because of several
policies, especially in companies.

I think it isn't true.
The Ubuntu X.04 versions, what have major number is dividable by 2 are LTS versions, and Ubuntu supported them for 3 (three) years. That versions, what have major number is dividable by 4, Ubuntu sopports them +2 two years, so 5 (five) years.
Ubuntu 10.04 is supported for 3 years, so it's over this year.