Hi,

I have a running SOGo installation under Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS. Version 2.0.7-1

I have an external LDAP server, where we have hundreds of contacts stored and I
wanted to integrate this into SOGo. Therefor I added a second LDAP instance to
/etc/sogo/sogo.conf.

The first block is from the main SOGo server and the second block is the
external server:

    SOGoUserSources = (
        {
            CNFieldName = cn;
            IDFieldName = uid;
            IMAPLoginFieldName = mail;
            KindFieldName = Kind;
            MailFieldNames = (
                mail
            );
            MultipleBookingsFieldName = Multiplebookings;
            UIDFieldName = mail;
            baseDN = "ou=people,dc=deltaweb,dc=de";
            bindAsCurrentUser = NO;
            bindDN = "cn=proxyuser,dc=deltaweb,dc=de";
            bindFields = (
                mail
            );
            bindPassword = ***;
            canAuthenticate = YES;
            displayName = "Gemeinsame Adressen";
            hostname = localhost;
            id = LDAP;
            isAddressBook = YES;
            port = 389;
            scope = SUB;
            type = ldap;
            userPasswordAlgorithm = SSHA;
        },
        {
            CNFieldName = cn;
            IDFieldName = uid;
            UIDFieldName = uid;
            baseDN = "ou=wl,dc=deltaweb,dc=de";
            bindDN = "cn=proxyuser,dc=deltaweb,dc=de";
            bindPassword = ***;
            canAuthenticate = NO;
            displayName = "Privatkunden Adressen";
            hostname = "bordergw.deltaweb.de";
            id = LDAP2;
            isAddressBook = YES;
            encryption = STARTTLS;
            port = 389;
            scope = SUB;
            type = ldap;
        }
    );

Users can login and they can see the global address book "Privatkunden
Adressen". But searching does not succeed.

Aug 27 18:50:07 sogod [19791]: [ERROR] <0x0x7f2526818480[LDAPSource]> Could not
bind to the LDAP server bordergw.deltaweb.de (389) using the bind DN:
cn=proxyuser,dc=deltaweb,dc=de
Aug 27 18:50:07 sogod [19791]: [ERROR] <0x0x7f2526818480[LDAPSource]>
<NSException: 0x7f252697a1d0> NAME:LDAPException REASON:operation startTLS
failed: Connect error (0xFFFFFFF5) INFO:(null)

Trying to contact the LDAP server directly from the command line:

ldapsearch -ZZ -h bordergw.deltaweb.de -xWD "cn=proxyuser,dc=deltaweb,dc=de" -b
"ou=wl,dc=deltaweb,dc=de"

Works perfectly.

So at the moment I do not know where to look for the mistake I did. The LDAP
server certificate is brand new (CAcert). The CA is also included into
/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt, so I "guess" SOGo should have a chance to
validate the server certificate. At least ldapsearch with a valid ldaprc works.

Any suggestions here? Would be so cool, if that worked :)

Kind regards

-Christian Rößner

--
[*] sys4 AG