On 10/9/2013 3:03 PM, Ken Bass wrote:
Using TB24, SOGo Connector 24 nightly and Lightning 2.6. I've looked at my mail server logs and neither Thunderbird (nor SOGo) is connecting to the server to make any attempt at sending an invitation. I do notice that on the New Event window, after adding an attendee, the 'Notify attendees' box is checkmarked, yet greyed out. Some things I double checked - I do have a correct email address associated with the calendar in TB and no particular error messages in TB console. I did see some reference on another mailing list about davical having this issue with Lightning and it related to davical reporting that it supported the 'calendar-auto-schedule' feature.

I did some further research and it seems that if a caldav server indicates it support for the 'calendar-auto-schedule' feature, then that means the server, rather than Lightning, will be responsible for sending email notifications. Is my understanding correct? So it seems that I needed to set 'SOGoAppointmentSendEMailNotifications = YES;' which is turned off by default. So it seems that unlike my old server, SOGo is responsible for sending notifications.

After setting this and receiving a notification email, this brings up another issue:

When I receive the email from the SOGo server and hit Accept, I get a popup 'Would you like to send out notification E-Mail now?' YES/NO. If SOGo is responsible for emails due to this 'calendar-auto-schedule' feature, why is Lightning wanting to send another email? Is this part of the protocol or a redundant step?