On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 04:46:02PM +0100, Albert Shih wrote:

> > The sogo-servers are 5 virtual machines with 4 cpus and 8 GB
> > memory each. Top output from one of these right now:
>
> So that's mean on one machine with same feature 4 CPU and 8 GB I should
> easy to accept 500-1000 user pear day.

Yes, definitively.. but beware that my usage is as a pure
webmail-system. I have no idea about how the outlook/thunderbird
integration affects resource requirements.

> How many sogod you launch ? I put :
>
>     WOWorkersCount = 6;

We have 90 on each server.

> and I put :
>
>  more /etc/sysconfig/memcached
>
>  PORT="11211"
>  USER="nobody"
>  MAXCONN="1024"
>  CACHESIZE="128"
>  OPTIONS=""

I don't think we've tuned these..:

        PORT="11211"
        USER="memcached"
        MAXCONN="1024"
        CACHESIZE="640"
        OPTIONS="-l localhost"

> do you think this configuration have anything to do with the performance
> and decrease the load ?

I seem to remember there were issues with having too few
sogods / too low WOWorkersCount. Never understood why the defaults
were so low. But remember to tune postgres max_connections to more
than 2 x WOWorkersCount x number of servers.

> our imap and smtp servers are seperated and not on the sogo-server. Our
> sogo server run sogo-webui and postgres-service. Do you think I need to
> split that ?

No, I think that should work fine as long as it's not starved
of any resources.

  -jf