Hello
you have 2 choices for Imap server
-Cyrus-imap
-dovecot

For our part we use cyrus-imap and we dont have any performances problems even
with big configs.
You have to tune it and to read about how to. There are some nice how to about
architecture and tuning.
Thunderbird support well big mailboxes (some of my clients have mailboxes
arround 20 giga of size without
any problems.

Sogo brings just the groupware part (calendars/tasks/contacts sharing) and it
needs :
1 MTA (postfix, exim .......)
1 Database for datas (postgresql, mysql ...)
1 Database for users (Openldap, samba4, dir386, postgresql,mysql ....)
1 Imap/Pop Server (cyrus-imap, dovecot .....)

And those things must work and be operationnal before to add Sogo

Regards

Le Mercredi 22 Janvier 2014 13:48 CET, Georg Bretschneider