Hi Horst,

I had a similar problem seen with a earlier version 5.0.6 of ownCloud.

During the Update to 5.0.7 I deleted the - in my case - MySQL-DB and
started with a new DB.

After that, I haven't seen "automatically duplicated contacts".

I guess this is a bug in ownCloud. The DB may be corrupt and later
versions are not able to correct that automatically ...

Gruss

Ralf