Hello Nigel Pegram

ABBAS Alain is right, if your user bob has an email address of
b...@somewhere.com AND an alias of i...@somewhere.com, then they should
both be in the LDAP for user bob.

But if you forward i...@somewhere.com to bob (and some other users) you
can delegate use of i...@somewhere.com to bob (and the other users).
In the SOGo Webfrontend you can do that by logging in as user "it".
Then in "Mail" right click on "i...@somewhere.com" in the folder tree.
Choose "Delegation...".
It will open a window, where you can press the "Add" button.
Another window opens, where you can search for bob.
Select bob and press "Add" button on the bottom.
Now close both windows again.

When bob now logs in to SOGo, he can use "i...@somewhere.com" as sender in
any email, and he can accept invitations for "i...@somewhere.com".

Am 2014-02-24 09:56, schrieb Nigel Pegram:

> Thanks for the response, but I don't think were talking about the same
> thing. As I understand your reply, you're referring to referencing a
> different data field for email address information.
>
> My issue revolves around the person having more than one external email
> address: e.g. you can contact them on b...@somewhere.com and on
> i...@somewhere.com. An email to either address ends up in bob's inbox. The
> challenge is that if sogo is set up so that the calendar is for
> b...@somewhere.com, then meeting invitations sent to i...@somewhere.com do
> not work.
>

> On 23/02/14 01:18, ABBAS Alain wrote:
>>
>> you must have in your sogo configuration file :
>> MailFieldNames =(mail,alias);
>> with all fields who could contain an email adress of the user
>>

>> Le Samedi 22 Février 2014 03:35 CET, Nigel Pegram <ndpeg...@gmail.com>
>> a écrit:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> At one of the sites where I have installed SOGo, I encountered a
>>> hiccough when one team member created an appointment inviting others.
>>>
>>> The recipient team member has multiple email addresses, so they received
>>> on a different account than the one which is connected to their
>>> calendar. Yet, since their mail is received/collected by a central
>>> server, it all ends up at the one account.
>>>
>>> The recipient was unable to accept the appointment. The error message
>>> was not helpful.
>>>
>>> It occurred to me that a solution may be a setting which allows ema il
>>> aliases to be recorded so that events processed using any of the listed
>>> email accounts are placed in the primary email address's calendar.
>>>
>>> Is this possible?
>>>
>>> It seems a useful addition. I can't be the only person who is dealing
>>> with clients who have multiple email addresses.
>>>
>>> Your thoughts?
>>>
>>> Nigel
>>> --
>>> users@sogo.nu