I did create the user in webmin/LDAP.
The problem I see now is that in webmin I can brouwse for the pre-created users
using uid=sogo1/2/3/ (uid=sogo1,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com)
but when I search for my own created user he is not found. And when I list the
user by doubleclicking it from the list he has a field uid with someting in it.
But it is not found from within LDAP-webmin.
Then I have been browsing around and found the command ldapsearch so I did:
root@sogo:/home/sogo# ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=example,dc=com' '(objectclass=*)' -W
Enter LDAP Password: sogo (I hope)
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=example,dc=com> with scope subtree
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 1 Operations error
text: 00002020: Operation unavailable without authentication

# numResponses: 1

Things are not easy to understand if you are new to all this stuff (LDAP and
SOGo I mean)

Anyone out there who can help me in the direction of a solution? If I cannot
add a user in the ZEG environment I don’t even dare to create a setup from
scratch. (is there a more eleborate manual then the simple steps in the sogo
website?)

-Warner-