Hi Martin Šinský

You obviously didn't test this problem yourself.
SOGo does the right thing already.
When it cannot move the email to the trash folder, it asks the user, if
she wants to delete it permanently.
But the bug is, that even if the user accepts to permanently erase the
email this doesn't work.

So this is really a bug and not en enhancement request.

Just wanted to make this clear.

Am 2014-08-06 09:21, schrieb Martin Šinský:
> Hi,
> so is the only way to migrate to dovecot, which is not affected by that?
>
> I red on cyrus pages:
>
> *Q:* Why can't I delete any messages from my over-quota mailbox? I'm
> using a client with a 'trash folder'.
>
>    *A:* Trash folders, as they are commonly implemented (as an actual
>    IMAP mailbox), do not fit the IMAP delete/expunge model very well.
>    In fact, naive client implementations will get stuck in a situation
>    where they cannot delete a message from a mailbox because they try
>    to COPY it to the trash folder before deleting the message. This
>    operation will fail due to the mailbox being over quota. This is
>    separate from the fact that a specific mailbox name is not
>    interoperable between clients (one might call it 'trash', another
>    'Trash', another 'Recycle Bin', etc)
>
>    Given the lack of protocol support for a trash folder, this is
>    mostly a quality-of-implementation issue on the client side. There
>    are a few options here:
>
>      * Contact your client vendor to have the broken client fixed (one
>        possibility is to have the client ask the user if they wish to
>        permanantly delete the message if the COPY operation fails).
>      * Stop using the 'trash mailbox' feature of your client (if possible).
>
> Is implementing of "the client have to ask the user if they wish to
> permanantly delete the message if the COPY operation fails" problematic?
>
> Regards,
> Martin
>

> Dne 29.7.2014 14:44, Martin Šinský napsal(a):
>> Hi,
>> I have exactly the same problem like here:
>> http://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=2812
>>
>> on one server with Cyrus. On the seccond server with dovecot is
>> everything ok.
>>
>> This bug is very annoying for the web users, migration to dovecot is
>> now impossible for me.
>> And it is not so good that this solution (Cyrus with this bug) is used
>> in your virtual appliance.
>> I can help with logs or testing or whatever to solve this problem.
>> Please, can someone focus on this?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Martin

Universität Konstanz