Hi Lewis
Ok, I understand you not understand the question, but here is used SOGo is why
I ask you, what appears in the logs of your server on MacOS X, log SOGo.

Is this a defect in your apache2 server is this also possible?

If I understand correctly, your answer is the connection between your Mac and
CardDAV, if that is the case, do your apache2 configuration or another www
server is correct, is that you use LDAP or MySQL for connecting to your users?

Yours

Michel