Hi,

Just to add no solution to the issue, Samsung software is so crappy someone had to make this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.jb.workaround.caldavsync

A few colleagues o'mine does have S4, neither ActiveSync nor CalDAV works well. If you have option you'd better stay away from Samsung as enterprise client OR run a custom rom on it.

Good luck.