Hi,

I've been following the Openchange 'cookbook' on getting Sogo/Openchange installed, using the inverse PPA.

I've just completed the Dovecot section, and I can't get Dovecot to authenticate at all.

# nc localhost 143
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot (Ubuntu) ready.
1 LOGIN JohnDoe openchange123
1 NO [UNAVAILABLE] Temporary authentication failure. [ubuntu:2015-04-02 03:00:36]

This is my /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf file:

# cat /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
disable_plaintext_auth = no
log_path = /var/log/dovecot.message
log_timestamp = "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S "
mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/%u
mail_privileged_group = mail
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
  driver = ldap
}
passdb {
  driver = pam
}
protocols = imap
service auth {
  unix_listener auth-master {
    group = vmail
    mode = 0600
    user = vmail
  }
  unix_listener auth-userdb {
    user = vmail
  }
  user = root
}
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/dovecot.pem
userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
  driver = ldap
}
userdb {
  driver = passwd
}
protocol lda {
  hostname = oc.local
  log_path = /var/log/dovecot.message
  postmaster_address = postmaster@oc.local
}

protocol pop3 {
  pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
}

and this is my /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf file:

# cat /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
uris = ldap://localhost
dn = cn=administrator,dc=erlphase,dc=com
dnpass = openchange1!
tls = no
ldap_version = 3
base = dc=oc,dc=local
scope = subtree
user_attrs = homeDirectory=home,uidNumber=uid,gidNumber=gid
user_filter = (uid=%u)
pass_attrs = uid=user,userPassword=password
pass_filter = (uid=%u)

Any helpful hints or directions I could look would be appreciated.

Gerald