On 2015-06-23 08:39 AM, Bob Wooldridge wrote:
This has been a problem for a while now. It makes putting events on the calendar almost useless. When a reminder pops up and you click dismiss, nothing happens. If you click the X int he upper right, it closes but then comes back in a few seconds. Isn't there anything you can do to fix this? It always used to work in the older version of Thunderbird.

It's a known Thunderbird issue. If you search the web, there's a setting you can set to not show past due reminders. It fixed it for me. Unfortunately, I don't have the link, so you'll have to search.

Gerald