Hi Dave.

don't think its a bug, it works as expected for me on three different SOGo servers (two of them test servers)
it may be the configuration, or your user backend

for instance if i create 3 domains that all uses the same MySQL table to store all users then all 3 domains are visible to each other but if i use different tables for each domain then the SOGoDomainsVisibility works just as expected i don't know much about LDAP but i guess that's the same, and one would have to use the "filter = "(o='Inverse' AND mail='*' AND status <> 'inactive')";" option (Installation Guide : Chapter 5)

that's just my thought on the issue, without knowing more about your configuration

Regards
Christian