On 2015-07-30 15:05, Chris Coleman wrote:
> On 7/30/2015 8:57 AM, Christian Mack wrote:
>> Hello

>>> Since I run Ubuntu, I assume the install/upgrade procedure from apt
>>> already does that, is this correct?
>>>
>> No!
>> You have to do that manually.
>>

>> Kind regards,
>> Christian Mack
>>
> I nominate adding the database schema upgrade script to the deb and rpm
> install/upgrade scripts. It would need to detect the current db schema
> version and apply the appropriate db updates. Which it surely does
> already...
> That automation alone would probably reduce friction by 5%.

Assuming it doesn't have any bugs and blows up your whole database. You
should read the notes anyway, because schema migrations aren't the only
changes between versions.

Sven Schwedas
Systemadministrator
TAO Beratungs- und Management GmbH | Lendplatz 45 | A - 8020 Graz
Mail/XMPP: sven.schwe...@tao.at | +43 (0)680 301 7167
http://software.tao.at