On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 8:12 AM, Christian Mack <
christian.m...@uni-konstanz.de> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Am 14.09.2015 um 16:09 schrieb Stephen Ingram:
> > Has anyone run into a limitation on the number of calendar events that
> may
> > be synced from SOGo to the iPhone using CalDAV? One of our users who has
> > years of events stored seems to have hit a limit and the phone is no
> longer
> > able to sync new events. I've read online of a 25,000 event limit, but
> > can't seem to verify this.
> >

> As far as I know, there is no limit, but it takes ages to finish the sync.
> I had a user which had to sync for 5 days, till he had all events.
> After that he could use the calendar.

Just to follow up, there does indeed appear to be a limit. This user has
been creating calendar events since July 2009 so I would imagine there are
quite a few events. I'm not sure of what the limit is, but as soon as I
remove the oldest events, the iPhone began syncing again. Note that this
limit does not appear to apply to the Apple desktop apps, only the iPhone
itself.

> Since I'm guessing SOGo still requires the sync all setting on the iPhone
> > in order to function properly, is there any way to truncate previous
> years'
> > events using sogo-tool?
> >

> No, but there is an open enhancement request for that.
> See Bug
> http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=1513

You can go into the calendar and list All events and then manually delete,
but it is slow going as the system only seems to delete events when you
select a smaller number at one time. Also, you are always worried about
removing a repeating event. It would be nice to have sogo-tool parse these
events and remove everything earlier than a certain date with the exception
of a repeating event that has not yet expired.

Steve