Il 26/01/2016 20:46, Chris ha scritto:
> Dear All,
>
> why have you chosen SOGo? I'm looking for a groupware. SOGo is so far my
> favorite, but there are some other (also free) alternatives. Which
> programs have you tested? What were advantages / disadvantages?

Personally because it integrates with the current infrastructure we have
as it's independent from the mail system below (postfix,dovecot,mysql,
etc). All the others I know require specific software to be used.

And also 'cause of the integration with Thunderbird and ActiveSync.

It's a very good product, and it has proven to be very stable and fast.
ActiveSync needs probably more work, as it tends to use lots of
resources (it got better with latest releases).

We don't need to emulate Exchange so I cannot say how it works, but it
might be a very big advantage to the customers using Outlook (which also
works with ActiveSync btw)

One "defect" I found is that it misses a simple way to personalize the
web interface. Though I am not really sure I like the new GUI version
created with Angular (but that's personal), I think this should be
solved with the new release ...

The other eventual disadvantage/advantage is that it must be compiled,
it's not interpreted as many new web technologies, so it's fast but it
cannot be used on shared hosts or anything. The compiled packages exist
for all major Linux distributions so it's not difficult to setup.

This are my 2 cents

Ciao.
Alessandro