On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 5:04 AM, Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org>
wrote:

> On 2/10/2016 10:57 PM,  <<fai...@cmsb.com.my> wrote:
> > For samba4, I had to use the repo and packages provided by
> > https://portal.enterprisesamba.com/ as I was told that the samba package
> > provided from the official centos 7 repository does not provide the DC
> > function. It installed fine and the domain provisioning process went
> fine. It
> > is version 4.2, the last free version from samba.org.
>
> ???
>
> The current release version is 4.3.4, but your wording suggests that it
> is no longer free? That would be mistaken...

He's probably referring to SerNet's repositories (which are not free). The
latest samba version is 4.3.4 as you mention (and it's free like has been
the last 24 years).

Both Inverse and Zentyal create .deb packages only afaik so you would need
to compile it yourself (and probably deal with issues).

Here [0] you have a howto but I don't know if it works but it could be a
good place to start.

[0]
http://openchange.org/documentation/howto/openchangeserver_CentOS_6.5.html